Health is wealth is a true representation of the role of diet in health. Bethenny Frankel said, “Your diet is bank account and good food choices are good investments”. One of the important factors in long life is the healthy lifestyle. Diet is something neglected in midst of very busy routine which later on determines health patterns.
There are enormous benefits of vegetables in the diet. Vegetables enriched with vital nutrients help in lowering the risk of many chronic diseases. Nutrients in vegetables help in the proper maintenance of the body.
Healthy organic vegetables also protect against cancers. Vegetables are also used in the diet for weight loss. Many fitness experts emphasized the importance of consuming an adequate amount of vegetables and fruits. There are few vegetables that are loaded with tons of health benefits and should be part of the diet plan. This article is going to list down 7 vegetables that are must for a diet plan.
- Broccoli: It is often said that things that are bitter in taste are super amazing for health and it applies to Broccoli. It has a great variety of medical and nutritional benefits. It has a great ability in preventing various cancers. Detoxify the body, increases the level of vitamin, fight against allergic reactions, and improves vision and ocular health. Broccoli possesses vitamins A, C, and K, fiber, folate, and potassium, etc.
- Collard Greens: This vegetable contains a wealth of nutrition. It includes great amounts of vitamin K and C, beta-carotene, and folate. Two cups of organic green collard greens are recommended by nutrition experts. This vegetable can be used with multiple salads.
- Spinach: Remember the Popeye the Sailor Man from childhood where he used to eat spinach and gain massive power. Spinach is a true representation of Popeye strength because it contains a vital amount of vitamins C, A and K with manganese. It is advised by experts to make Spinach part of the diet.
- Peas: Green peas contain calcium, fiber, copper, zinc, and manganese. It contains around 5gms of fiber. Fiber helps in digestion and lowers down the cholesterol level. Peas can be used in various forms such as salads, soups, and pasta etc.
- Eggplant: Eggplants helps in building strong bones and reduce the symptoms of anemia. Another benefit associated with eggplants includes better cognitive function, reduce stress levels, weight loss and improves the digestive system. It is rich in vitamin C and K, magnesium, folic acid, and copper.
- Cauliflower: Cauliflower composes of amazing benefits for a healthy diet. Cauliflower helps in relieve of indigestion, diabetes, hypertension and reduces the risk of stroke. Cauliflower is part of Brassicaceae family and other family members are cabbage, broccoli, and kale.
- Beans: Beans are blissful for health. One of the top benefits of beans is reduced in risk of heart disease and colon cancer. Also, beans strengthen the immune system of human body. Healthy bones and eyes are benefited with the use of beans. Beans are good for weight loss as well and reduced the risk of birth defects for women during pregnancy.